Senior Backend Developer (w/m/d)
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to contribute to and lead the development of modules, microservices and integrations of our API-based backend system that integrates with third-party financial services, standardises them, adds value-add features (e.g. data analysis to identify needs of customers) and delivers them via our future developer portal or via APPs being developed by our front-end team. You’ll be part of a highly skilled, lean, and modern engineering team. We value transparency and trust.
Send us an email to:
AAZZUR is a fast-growing, Berlin-based fintech start-up. AAZZUR reimagines the next generation mobilebanking platform, a platform for life. AAZZUR is building one app to manage all your money, where customers can integrate all their accounts and customize their service through individual Experiences.
About the role
You’ll be part of a highly skilled, lean, and modern engineering team. We value transparency and trust. You’ll gain experience in the exploding fintech industry, as well as help influence the future of a dynamic start-up. This role requires self-governance with the ability to deliver on time with quality and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. The work will be a mixture of general platform development and customer driven platform enhancements.
- Develops software solutions to business problems in the Fintech space.
- Leverages established design patterns and coding standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Operates in Agile Software Development processes and methodologies.
- Delivers high quality code and configuration • Ensures bug free software through automated regression testing, unit tests, and code reviews
- Collaborates with QA and Operations to ensure successful integration into test and production environments
- Provides project leadership; initiates, organizes and champions small to medium development efforts for a team of developers over a shared code base.
- Takes on leadership opportunities within the development team. Initiates and facilitates team meetings to socialize technical ideas, encourages a culture of technical excellence among peers, and identifies good opportunities for adopting innovation.
- Coaches and mentors other application developers learning new skills and technologies.
- Participate in iterative prototyping with respect to project requirements.
- You have solid engineering background, and you're motivated by technical problems and are happy to do handson work.
- 5+ years of development experience, exposed to all phases of development – from design through production support.
- Development experience in Java development, Spring Boot, REST APIs, NoSQL databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding cross-browser and cross-platform functionality and compatibility of applications
- Fluency in English
- Team player
- Familiarity with agile development methods
- Located in Germany (ideally in Berlin) or willing to relocate.
- Previous experience in fintech or digital banking is desirable, but not necessary.
- Professional and personal development in a dynamic, vibrant and international environment
- Ability to impact the future direction of a new, fast-growing company
- Agile work environment with a flat structure and an international team
- Office in central Berlin
- Core working hours, with flexi-time available
- Competitive salary
- Stock Option plan
We look forward to receiving your application including CV, projects, salary expectations and earliest possible starting date. We support a work environment of diversity based on justice and mutual respect. We welcome applications from people regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and political attitudes.
Send us an email to:
AAZZUR Services GmbH & AAZZUR GmbH,
Leipziger Platz 15,
Berlin 10117, Germany
Windsor House 2nd floor,
40/41 Great Castle Street,
London W1W 8LU, UK
© AAZZUR 2023
© AAZZUR 2023